Building a community that cares
Committed to the cities in which we live, work and build, Sifton has a long history of community involvement. Sifton supports projects that preserve as well as enhance the environment, while enriching the lives of the people living in those communities.
As you look at the list below – just a sampling of the positive contributions we have made over the years – you will understand why we proudly call ourselves community builders.
- Donated over 200 acres of parkland to the people of London, Brantford and Guelph
- Gave the Sifton Botanical Bog – deemed a significant biological preserve – to the Upper Thames River Conservation Authority and the people of London, in the early 1960s
- Preserved and protected Kains Woods, an environmentally sensitive area in conjunction with the City of London
- Implemented a corporate philosophy of planting more trees than removed and donating more park space than provincially-required
- Participate and support the London Corporate Challenge, with proceeds going to various charities
- Provide major sponsorship of the Dig Deep Volleyball tournament, with proceeds going to Youth Opportunities Unlimited.
Supported community-based initiatives during 1998 - our 75th anniversary, including:
- Building the Springbank Express station in Springbank Park
- Helping redesign and rebuild "The Street Where You Live" , a permanent exhibit at the London Regional Children's Museum
- Planting trees in the City of Guelph
- Donating books to schools in the Cities of Brantford and Guelph
- Offer the use of One London Place - the tallest office building in London and built by Sifton - for the annual United Way stair climb, the annual blood donor clinic and the ongoing Peregrine Falcon watch
- Supported the London Public Library with funding for the new downtown branch
- Supported local health care with a donation to London hospitals
- Supported more than 70 youth hockey, baseball and soccer teams over the past five years
- Provided scholarship funding in 2001 for two Fanshawe College students
- Serve as a founding member of the London Home Builders Association which celebrates 57 years in 2009
- Received the Ontario Solicitor General Award in 1991 for the Sifton Safety Home, the first of its kind in North America
- Recognition of Glen Sifton on the annual Mayor's list in the safety category
Received a Certificate of Appreciation from the City of London in 1990 for outstanding contribution to the preservation and enhancement of London's natural environment and quality of life.
04/02/13: Sifton Wins Twin Best of London Titles
03/06/13: Sifton Supports the United Way
11/23/12: LHBA Celebrates 60 Years
10/15/12: Sifton named 2012 Builder of the Year
Sifton Properties Limited
Suite 800, 195 Dufferin Avenue
London, ON N6A 1K7
Phone: (519) 434-1000
Fax: (519) 434-1009
Careers with Sifton: